Here are more of The Fife & Tayside Wider Access Forum's top tips on Notemaking in Lectures. Previous tips can be read at: Top Tips For Note Taking in Lectures.
THREE: DO NOT DOODLE. This is a distraction and breaks concentration.
FOUR: ORGANISE. Organise your notes.
- · Use a ring binder
- · Separate folders for each course
- · Label, number and date all pages
FIVE: HIGHLIGHT. Highlight important information.
SIX: USE ABBREVIATIONS. Use abbreviations – be consistent.
SEVEN: USE SYMBOLS Use symbols e.g.
- · ? to indicate if you don’t understand something
- · !! to indicate something you want to find out more about
- · use a tick to indicate something that you want to incorporate into an assignment, or something that you agree with.